In your own words, what does your company do?
Pretty Neat: An Organizational Solution in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. We are a full-service, professional organizing company. We focus mainly on residential spaces but have worked for clients in the business realm too. Pretty Neat focuses on helping the busy family. We help our clients simplify their spaces and get organized. We know first hand how your environment can truly affect you, not only physically, but mentally as well. An organized space is about so much more than just a pretty space; it is about overall well-being. Our team has a heart to serve others and we strive to help our clients have a more functional and calm space that works well for their needs.
At Pretty Neat we believe
- Clutter and disorganization can contribute to overwhelming feelings of anxiety, stress, and even depression.
- Organizing is about achieving a balance between what you need, love, and what can functionally fit into your space.
- You should have things in your home that bring you joy and happiness.
- An organized space is an efficient space. When you know what you have and where it is, you spend less time searching, stressing, and re-purchasing.
📈 Monthly revenue: $10,000
📈 ~% Churn: I do not have an applicable % but we have a very high rate of recurring clients and our churn rate is very low.
📈 ~% Net profit: About 40%
📈 Funding: I cash flowed the startup of the business myself because startup costs were very low.
📈 Initial cost/investment to start the company: $400 – I created an LLC and had help launching a website, otherwise I focused on free things that were available like social media to help with marketing and brand awareness.
📈 Number of team members: 6 including myself -5 organizers and a social media assistant. I then outsource other parts of the business that I can’t do or don’t have time to do such as SEO.
📈 Number of founders: 1
📈 Started: 2018, February
How does the company make money?
💰 We make money through organization of clients’ homes. We charge $75 per hour, per organizer and get paid on how many hours it takes to complete the space(s).
💰 Key services we provide include:
- Organizing any space in the home- kitchens, pantries, closets, bathrooms, and even garages.
- Move management services such as unpacking and home set up
- Decluttering and removing unneeded items
- Downsizing to a smaller space
- Maintenance of home organization / subscription service for the extra-busy family
- Any and all of our services come with a free consultation, expert planning and purchasing supplies like bins and baskets needed for the space on behalf of the client, physical organization of space(s), and we even do custom labels so maintenance going forward is improved. We pack a lot of value and care into each and every project!
3 strategies that have worked to attract and retain customers?
✅ Consistency is key! We are consistent with our message and how we can help potential clients with our social media, website, and your marketing information. This is important to put your services out there and create a brand that the public knows, likes, and trusts.
✅ Strive for the highest quality of customer service and communication. A high quality of customer service is important with each client and each project. Happy customers are our biggest cheerleaders and a big source of revenue because they want to use us again and again. And they want to recommend us to their friends and family.
✅ Follow Through. We do what we say we are going to do. We plan and implement with our customers’ goals in mind. Pretty Neat upholds Integrity, honesty, and treating others the way we want to be treated. This is a big deal when a company treats people this way and it has shown by the continued growth of our business.
3 things that you’ve learned about hiring and retaining great talent?
✅ Whenever a new team member interviews, we ask ourselves, 1.Do they like to help others and are they a “people person”? 2. Are they honest and trustworthy? 3. Can they pass a background check? 4. Do they have experience with organizing either for family/friends or others outside the family? The 4th question can be taught and the right kind of experience can be gained. If they are not starting off with the first 3, then they are not the right fit. It is a BIG deal that clients let us in to their personal spaces and our team has to uphold integrity, honesty, and confidentiality.
✅ When looking to hire a new team member, make sure they are a good fit from the beginning; even offer them a trial period. It is much easier on the front end to say “no” if they are not the right fit, then to have to let them go later on because they are the wrong fit.
✅ When retaining and keeping the good team members that you hired, 1. Talk to them about their goals, why they like organizing, things they are good at, 2. Treat them as you want to be treated 3. Praise them and encourage them on what they are doing well. 3. Reward them for their hard work.